Telehealth Services via Microsoft Teams
Montgomery Area Mental Health is now providing telehealth services via Microsoft Teams during the COVID-19 crisis. This includes video* and telephone support. Teams is available as a free download for your computer or smartphone. Teams is also available via Google Chrome from a desktop or laptop.
There is no need to create an account. You can join your telehealth session as a guest.
Before your appointment starts make sure you have downloaded the Microsoft Teams app. To download teams navigate to teams.microsoft.com/download or use app store links provided below.
Don’t have a smartphone, computer, or would prefer to not use video. Not a problem, continue to Phone Service Only.
*Not all providers are equipped with video equipment.
2. Open Teams Meeting Invite
Your provider should have sent you a unique meeting invite from our address (mamha.org). Open this email on the device your intend to connect from. Hint: some email applications will automatically add this to your calendar.
3. Join the Meeting
Now that you have your meeting invite open, simply click on “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting.” Depending on the device you are connecting from one of the following will happen next:
- If connecting from an iOS device, the Microsoft Teams app will automatically open.
- If connecting from an Android device, the Microsoft Teams app will automatically open. Note: some Android devices will ask you which app you would like to open. If this happens select the Microsoft Teams app and then click just once.
- If connecting from a desktop or laptop, the link will automatically open your default browser. Your web browser will ask you would you like to launch Microsoft Teams. Hint: if using Google Chrome, you can launch Teams in the web browser.
Once the Teams app opens, select “Join as a guest” if prompted. Then type your name and click “Join meeting.” Your provider will now get notified that you are waiting in the virtual waiting room. Once the provider is ready to start your appointment they will let you into the Teams meeting.
Phone Service Only
We can provide telehealth services by phone if you don’t have a device that is compatible with Microsoft Teams or you would prefer not use video calling. One of the following will happen:
- You will receive a call from our main line: (334) 279-7830
- You will receive a call from an unknown or blocked number at the time of your appointment.
- You will receive a call from our conference line number: (334) 245-5792